Making remote self-collection of blood samples, a simple reality
Across the world, people have their blood drawn over a billion times a year through venipuncture or fingerstick. Most of the time this includes a trip to the doctor’s office, sometimes with an additional trip to a blood collection clinic.
Seventh Sense’s first product TAP made it possible for lay people to nearly-painlessly collect their own blood, eliminating the need for a trained professional.
Seventh Sense developed TAP II, which brings all the benefits of TAP, with exciting additional features. TAP II uses the same nearly-painless micro-needle array to access capillaries in the upper arm with blood collected into a standard microtube for lab processing.
TAP II – PRODUCT UPDATE
TAP II features enable:
- Large blood volumes (up to 250 µL) to be collected
- An array of additives on one collection platform
- A standard interface with point of care testing platforms
- Small sample shipping packaging
- Sample volumes which are viable for laboratory validation for wide variety of analytes
Seventh Sense Biosystems is changing the behavior of the way people draw blood by making the process simple, convenient, and more comfortable. Gone are the days of tourniquets, large needles, lancets, tubes, and bandages. No more sitting in a waiting room waiting anxiously to have your blood drawn.
TAP II is placed on the upper arm and blood collection starts with a press of a single button. Collection typically takes 1-3 minutes. This innovation provides easier and more cost-effective access to high quality central lab testing and is a game-changer for the health care system and patients.
TAP II is designed to bring value to all stakeholders:
- Easier and more convenient for patients
- Faster and better integrated for providers
- Extended access to patients
- Minimal training resources required
- Straightforward sample management at diagnostic laboratories